Michael Buble - Call Me Irresponsible: A

Listen 'Irresponsibly'

Canadian crooner Michael Bublé says he was completely terrified about making his latest album, Call Me Irresponsible, because he "knew that it had to be better than the first two (albums) -- that it had to show growth without alienating anyone ..."\nHis worries should be put to rest now because the work he describes as his "remark on the state of love" is as complete an album as any I've come across in recent times.\nThe lineup includes everything: upbeat hits that make you want to dance, the usual jazz staples of the Rat Pack era, av '60s rock cover and two Bublé originals.\nThe album kicks off with a lively "The Best is Yet to Come," featuring a menage of sounds, including finger snaps and horns, and continues the upbeat spirit with "It Had Better Be Tonight." \nAs with his previous albums, Bublé plays the modern-day Sinatra, including classic favorites like "I've Got the World On A String," "Always On My Mind" and a gospel choir-backed "That's Life." \nThough no one could ever outdo the original, Bublé does an interesting take on the Eric Clapton favorite, "Wonderful Tonight," and he even brings in some of my personal old-school favorites, Boyz II Men, to collaborate on "Comin' Home Baby," delivering another solid performance.\nThe album includes two originals, "Lost," which I can't stop listening to, and "Everything." The former is about his breakup with a longtime girlfriend and the latter is about his feelings for his newfound love interest. Both songs show that Bublé has the talent to stand on his own (although covers are what he does best).\nHis last album, It's Time, was on the Billboard jazz charts for two years, breaking a record with 80 weeks at No. 1. But with this album, even more solid and thorough than the last, that record just might be in jeopardy.