You’ve got mail

Here’s the mail. It never fails. It makes me want to wag my tail. When it comes I want to wail. Mail. \nMail. I get a lot of it and some of it pertains to Mike’s Mic. I get hate mail, fan mail and occasionally death threats. But all three of those mail means one thing: people actually read my ramblings. Since I now have a few (8 that I know of) long-time readers, I’ve offered them the opportunity of a lifetime. I am allowing them the chance to ask me a question that I will answer. \nWithout further ado, here is my first mailbag:\nQ: How far up the Pacers organization are heads going to roll after two terrible seasons? – sophomore Zach Kleiman\nA: Interesting question, Zach, but it will be difficult to tell. Rick Carlisle is a goner, but you can’t fire Larry Legend despite the dire need to do so. Donnie Walsh and Larry may be the reason that the team has gone south, but Walsh has done a lot of good in his time to outweigh his bad and it’s difficult to fire the boy from French Lick. I think Carlisle is the only one gone by the season opener.\nQ: Now that criminal charges have been dropped against the Duke lacrosse players, what’s your take on the university’s treatment of former coach Mike Pressler? – Journalism professor Curt Wellman\nA: Intriguing question. It is evident that his firing was solely based on accusations, however, now that those accusations have been deemed false by the court system, he was fired for nothing. The firing ruined his career and no good way really exists to pay him back. It was an all-around sad story that has bad repercussions.\nQ: Where do babies come from? – sophomore Craig Taylor\nA: You see Craig, when a man and a woman are in love … Actually Craig, we will talk later.\nQ: What do you think of Title IX? Do you think it’s serving its original purpose? – sophomore Madison Spruell.\nA: No, and I don’t like it because I want IU to have a D1 men’s ice hockey team.\nQ: What do you think the NHL should do about these illegal slashings? – sophomore Stephen Lederman\nA: What slashings? I wouldn’t know since the NHL doesn’t have a real TV contract.\nQ: The Nets/Raptors series. Honestly, who gives a F***? – sophomore Joey Shikany\nA: I’m surprised by your question because this series has a lot of underrated stories. Vince Carter is public enemy No. 1 in Toronto against a team no one believes in. The series should be better than the average fan expects.\nQ: Do you think A-Rod will beat Bonds’ 73? – sophomore Jason Fried.\nA: He’s on pace to hit more than 100, but let’s remember that Albert Pujols had a similar hot start but struggled because of injuries. If A-Rod stays healthy, I wouldn’t count him out, but 73 is a big number.\nI hope that answers everyone’s questions. I’m surprised no one asked me about curling.