I think I love this movie

Chris Rock would've been happier were he invited back to host this year's Oscars.

Richard Cooper (Chris Rock) has it all -- the important investment banking job, the corner office, a house with a white picket fence and a loving wife and kids. The only problem, as said by Richard in a voiceover in couple's therapy: "I'm bored out of my f***ing mind!"\nRichard is tested when a seductive friend from his past, Nikki Tru (Kerry Washington), walks into his office one morning. Nikki makes no attempt to hide her attraction to Richard, which makes for some humorous situations in the office. But the closer Richard gets to Nikki, the closer he comes to losing his job and family.\nThe contrast of married life and single life is smart and provides lots of laughs. Watching Richard and his wife (Gina Torres) eating dinner with another married couple is not inherently funny. But when Richard tells the audience (via voiceover) how boring married couples are and how they always talk about the same things and then we see the veiled disdain on Richard's face during the scene, suddenly, it is laugh-out-loud funny.\nThis marks Chris Rock's second outing as a film director, and he does a great job. In the beginning of the movie, the direction and editing was lucid and unambitious. Instead of using fancy editing and camera angles, Rock was more focused on letting the actors tell the story. But by the end of the movie, Rock was using editing techniques and camera angles to help convey emotion through the film. It was as if he were gaining confidence in himself as a director while he was behind the camera.\nThis movie is billed as a romantic comedy, but it could also be called a morality tale. "I Think I Love My Wife" is the funniest movie I have seen this year and also one of the smartest. This is an ideal date movie; both parties will not only enjoy the movie but take something away from it as well.