Seniors to close out swimming and diving careers in final home meet

IU challenges Missouri Tigers in Saturday matchup

IU senior swimmer Clarissa Wentworth has been swimming competitively since high school. As she looks back on her swimming career and prepares for her last home meet as a Hoosier, she can't help but feel a mix of emotions. \n"It will be a little bittersweet," Wentworth said. "It's sad knowing it will be the last dual meet here at home, but it's exciting because it does honor us seniors. It's been a really unique experience swimming for a program like IU. This kind of marks the end of the end as far as competitive swimming for me."\nThe IU men's and women's swimming and diving teams will honor 11 seniors as they face Missouri on Senior Day this Saturday at Councilman-Billingsley Aquatic Center. \nBoth Hoosier squads are returning to action after a successful weekend in Ann Arbor, Mich. The men were able to tie No. 12 Michigan and the women took first place in the Michigan Invitational. Despite the success, swimming coach Ray Looze said he doesn't expect a let down this weekend against Missouri. \n"I don't expect a difference in performance," Looze said. "This is a preparation team. Since early in the season, we've been focused on being prepared for every meet. I think we'll come out and swim well against a very good opponent in Missouri."\nThe men's squad has four seniors, Paul Sigfusson, Ryan Millard, Lee Houchin and Ryan McNeill. The women's team includes seniors Wentworth, Heather Chapman, Lindsay Weigle, Susanna Ernst, Annica Lofstedt, Leila Vaziri and Jade Summerlin, who is a junior graduating early. \nThese seniors have been through a lot and have helped return the IU program to levels of past success, Looze said. \n"The seniors have led us through a tough time," Looze said. "They have really guided the rebuilding efforts of both teams. The men have gone from the bottom of the Big Ten to the top, winning the Big Tens last year and the women are now contenders to win the Big Ten this year. They have a lot of perspective and have been able to share that with the freshmen and sophomores." \nDiving coach Jeff Huber also raves about his senior divers and what they have accomplished. \n"They've been great team members," Huber said. "It will be a real proud moment (on Saturday). It's not easy to get a degree and make it through our diving program. It's a great accomplishment and I hope they've learned things that extend beyond diving"