InMotion hosts dance clinic

Dancers better get some sleep Friday night because there's a full day of dancing with a top-notch Bloomington company Saturday. InMotion Dance Company is putting on a clinic Saturday unlike any they've done before by offering a full spectrum of dance styles from hip-hop to lyrical, to tap and jazz taught by elite members for dancers of all abilities.\nAlong with providing a place for dancers to have a good time, the clinic, which takes place from noon to 5 p.m., will give advanced dancers a change to get a leg up against others at Monday's auditions. \nThird-year InMotion dancer and treasurer Brooke Rabin will be taking over the company next year. She is teaching an advanced routine at the clinic that will be part of Monday's 9 p.m. audition. \nTeam members recommend that participants try whatever dance piques their interests. There are many different dances going on at the same time in varying genres and levels \nof dance.\n"It's for all different levels and backgrounds," Rabin said. "Dance experience really is not necessary because there are two different levels."\nJessica Herron, a junior who has been dancing for 11 years, said the dancers can expect a positive atmosphere at the clinic.\n"It will be fun and laid-back," she said. "It's something you can do for yourself with no one judging."\nAssistant Director Natalie Labejof said the clinic offers dancers a great deal because most studios anywhere in the country charge at least $15 a class and its offering four classes for that price.\nThe company plans to use the money to fund its annual spring show to ensure that it's free to the public.\nInMotion held a clinic last year, but members say it will pale in comparison to what it has planned for this year. Sophomore Katie Johnston has been dancing for 15 years and will be co-directing next year's event. She discussed the improvements from last year's clinic.\n"It will definitely be different from last year," she said. "More classes are offered, there are different levels, the teachers are different and we have CDs and T-shirts on sale. It's just a chance to have fun, do your best and learn dances. At the end of the day there's going to be a showcase to show off what dancers have learned from the day and we're giving away awards and prizes."\nFor more informations visit InMotion's Web site, www.in-motiondanceiu.com