Diversity Day at 'The Office'

Saturday night, Lindsey and I bet on what time Tamir of Balkan Beat Box would remove his shirt. We argued whether his wearing a sweater would make him de-robe sooner or later. I guessed that he would be shirtless by 11 at the 10:30 p.m. show. By 10:59 we had a shirtless Tamir rapping and ending the show an hour later by climbing on the speaker and proclaiming, "I'm on the speaker because I have something to say."\nYungchen Lhamo was so sweet I want her to tuck me into bed everynight. She took the stage after we learned her name meant "goddess of melody and song." Never has a name been so appropriate since Dick Cheney. Lhamo had the audience spellbound as her angelic voice floated above the "Om" she had the crowd hum.\nI checked out Yerba Buena's set just in time to hear them say, "No, that last song was in English." \nMichael on "The Office" should have brought this band in for diversity day. It's a motley crew of a drummer that looked like an early 1980s Stevie Wonder with long corn rows, yellow mesh shirt, pink pants and aviators and monstrous, tattooed guns. To add to that mix, there's a Latin-looking singer, a middle-aged white guy with an awkward dress shirt, an African American woman with Lauren Hill-esque poofy hair and a flowy dress and two tough looking Cuban guys.