'Man,' this sucks

Hollywood is notorious for being the town where production companies make huge blockbusters that people watch and love forever. While this is still true for some movies, the remake of British film classic "The Wicker Man" is not one of them.\nNicolas Cage stars as Sheriff Edward Malus who is drawn to a small island when an ex-girlfriend (Kate Beahan) asks him if he can provide any help in searching for her missing daughter. Along the way Malus is thrown further into the traditions of this Neo-pagan town and as the sheriff gets closer and closer to finding this girl he also get closer to the unimaginable wicker man.\nThe music is serviceable, as it is appropriate for a pagan horror movie, but it does not help salvage the drowning of this plot. As the story line is very similar to the original it packs very little punch and scene progression to allow you to buy into the whole story.\nThe original 1973 cult thriller is a sensational movie that is obviously still cherished by many people all over the world. Notice that I say all over the world as the original was not made in Hollywood. It is widely considered as one of the best movies to come out of Great Britain in the last 40 years. Hollywood did a disservice by touching it; perhaps it is time to hit the creative blocks again and leave the classics alone, yes?\nThis version is less than entertaining. Nicolas Cage just is not believable in his role as Edward Malus. He just was simply miscast as it probably would have been better if Edward Malus was played by a lesser known actor, one with experience in weird horror flicks. Regardless of who was cast, though, this movie has no place existing.\nIf you are looking for a great movie to go see this weekend then it would be smart to look through the selections one more time. Nobody should see this movie: it's waste of time and money.