Justifi -- ably another hit album

Justin Timberlake makes hosting successful parties simple. Female attendance lays the groundwork for party host reputations, but retainment relies on grindin'. They've gotta hit the dance floor. FutureSex/LoveSounds, just like JT's last effort, Justified, is the perfect CD to draw and retain party-goers.\nOr, I should say, superproducer Timbaland helps hosts. Nearly every song on the album comes from music's hottest producer, so the beats hit hard, at the same time synth-ing the revamped 1980s sounds. \nBut the album is missing some of the hallmarks that made Justified too hot to handle. Conspicuous is the lack of the Neptunes' spacey magic and the simple Scott Storch stylings, making the album too similar through the middle. And the role of the rap hitter is spotty. \nTimbaland tries to fill in, to the album's detriment, and rapper T.I.'s surprisingly weak performance isn't enough. Three 6 Mafia goes underused, appearing only for a few seconds. And will.i.am graces the album with his post-Fergie styled nonsense. Hopefully, a few artists -- everyone from DJ Danger Mouse to 50 Cent -- pick this album apart and rebuild it, remaking greatness with greatness.\nJT should land The Clipse rap duo for his next album, but he'll be fine in the interim. This is a hot album from front to back. It revels in excessive sexuality -- where the lyrics turn inanely to another topic, one hot backbeat or another takes over the song. \n"My Love" is the album's second single, behind the prolific "SexyBack." The rest of 2006 and 2007 should be dominated by "LoveStoned/I Think She Knows (Interlude)," "What Goes Around.../...Comes Around (Interlude)" and maybe "Chop Me Up."\nThe stylings of this album bend forward pop music, perhaps revamping dreaded disco. But perhaps the slick, wild beats show the influence of populist music from Under the Influence of Giants to The Mars Volta.