Just when you thought it was safe....

As a game concept, a great white shark eating people ranks right up there with "Wilmer Valderama Tries to Nail Every Legal Hollywood Starlet Under Age 23."\nAnd in "Jaws Unleashed" it's just plain fun to stalk swimmers, divers and scientists before dragging them to the bottom of the sea and tearing them in half in an orgy of blood and gore to replenish your constantly fading appetite and health bars.\nJaws has got a couple other moves like a tail whip and charge attack, but they're harder to execute because of the finnicky controls (a problem just about every game faces when set underwater), and are not nearly as much fun as eating people. After a basic training mission, and a ridiculous opening mission where Jaws grabs a scientist to open a locked door and eats a Shamu-look-a-like in front of dozens of now-traumatized children, the shark is set loose in a wide-open GTA-style world full of side-missions.\nGraphics are above average, especially when it's chowtime for the great white, but the Xbox is capable of a lot more. Soundwise, screams of your victims are pretty basic, but there are some cool variations of the classic Jaws theme.\nThere's some kind of claptrap story (complete with C-grade voice acting) here about getting back at the town of Amity Island, but I'm pretty sure paying attention to it will actually drop your IQ about 20 points.\nStill, the game is pretty lengthy and full of unlockables and trivia about the movie, but much like dating Lindsay Lohan, after awhile you realize that though it's fun for a while, it's a pretty shallow experience. At $30, this is a budget title, and it shows. The game was delayed for almost a year and could probably use a few more months of polish. But much like the GTA series, the pure, unadulterated, bloody fun of being a vicious man-eating shark let loose on an unsuspecting town overcomes a lot of the games technical problems.