The year's best hits DVD

One of the most controversial and society testing films has come to the movie store with a two-disc director's cut DVD. 2005's Best Picture Oscar Winner, "Crash," is back in the spotlight shining on shelves at movie stores across the nation. Despite the heat this film gives off it is a movie with a very dark and powerful story.\n"Crash" is a sensational drama about the real life prejudices that society goes through every time we step out the front door. This movie focuses on the lives of many strangers trying to overcome their fears of one another as each story weaves in and out of the other. Very diverse characters battle a war with themselves and others trying to find what is wrong with this world and how to change it.\nDon Cheadle heads this remarkable cast of underrated second tier actors in an effort to teach society a thing or two. \nIt is very rare that a movie of "Crash's" magnitude matches it with a sensational DVD, but this two-disc set is not like other DVDs. Disc one is, for the most part, pretty basic as it only has the director's cut feature presentation and the regular commentary done by the producers, director, writers and actor/producer Don Cheadle.\nThe second disc, however, is no ordinary DVD because it takes audiences to another world of this stunning movie. It welcomes the viewer inside not only the film, but also the minds and hearts of the people who worked on "Crash." This starts with a 28-minute-long featurette on the making of the film. In addition to this are other featurettes on the creator Paul Haggis and the city of Los Angeles.\nThe best featurette, however, is about how "Crash" broke through by being so incredibly true to society. It talks about the racial prejudices that are in all of our lives and how even though we might not think we discriminate we all do it whether we want to or not. There might not be as much of this today, but people have flaws and unfortunately still make judgments. On top of what is already a masterpiece you also get a collection of deleted scenes, a peek at the film's storyboard, a look at the script, one music video and some music montages that take you through many of the major parts of the movie.\nThere hasn't been a movie in years, if ever, that has challenged people to look at their lives as deep as "Crash," just ask its audience. If you are looking for a sensational movie with an equally good DVD then "Crash" is your movie. The quality of the disc is simply unprecedented and there hasn't been a better DVD put out in stores in the past couple years.