Wisconsin wrestlers accused of vandalism

Bloomington police arrested two men early Saturday morning at a local White Castle who identified themselves as members of the Wisconsin wrestling team, said Drake, reading from the report.\nDrake said employees of the W. Jacob Drive White Castle called the BPD and said four males were outside the restaurant and had vandalized a sign and broken a water pipe.\nAccording to the report, the letters on the sign had been re-arranged to say "piss clam stew." According to the report, the water line had been broken off and water was shooting three feet into the air. Police found four subjects in the area who matched the description the White Castle employees gave.\nPolice arrested Zachary Menne, 20, and Daniel Sneider, 19, who told the officers that they were in Bloomington to wrestle in the Big Ten wrestling tournament. Police said the two men had been drinking. According to the report, the other two men who were with them, but not named, were of legal drinking age.\nDrake said Menne took complete responsibility for the damage and said the other three men had nothing to do with the vandalism. According to the report, Menne said he had messed with the sign and accidentally tripped over the water pipe. Officers said in the report that because of the severity of the damage to the water pipe, they did not believe that was possible.\nVince Sweeney, senior associate athletic director for external relations at the University of Wisconsin, said he had not heard of the situation.\n"I am not aware of the infractions, but I'm sure that the coach is and that we'll be taking the appropriate actions," Sweeney said. "I do not know what those are at this point"