Report: Man viewed child porn at library

Police searching for suspect, screening computer used

IU Police Department officers are looking for a man who employees of the Herman B Wells Library reported was looking at child pornography on IU computers, said IUPD Lt. Jerry Minger, reading from the police report.\nAccording to the report, security employees at the library said as they were monitoring computer use, they observed a man who would change the screen of his computer monitor every time an employee would walk by. They said in the report they saw him looking at "obvious child pornography," with children in "various states of undress and even performing sex acts."\nMinger said the employees reported that one employee confronted the man about it, and the man argued that he could do whatever he wanted in a public place. The employee said in the report he then reminded the man that child pornography is illegal.\nEmployees called the police, but by the time officers arrived, the man was gone and the employees were unaware of which direction he was headed.\nMinger said IUPD submitted the computer to experts to be analyzed for information that could tell what Web sites the man was looking at.\nAccording to the report, the \nemployees said that the man is a frequent visitor to the library. In the report, the employees described the man as a white male in his 50s with red hair pulled back into a ponytail.\n"We're hoping that if anybody knows of his identity or sees him in the future or may have seen this incident, they could contact us because they may have information they don't even know they have," Minger said.\nMinger asked that anyone with information on this case call 855-4111 and ask to speak to a detective.