Bank on Kirkwood robbed

Man, at large, writes note demanding money

A man robbed the Peoples State Bank at the corner of Kirkwood Avenue and Washington Street Thursday afternoon, according to police. \nOfficers from the Bloomington Police Department -- which is stationed just two blocks from the bank -- responded to the incident.\nThe perpetrator was no longer at the scene when police arrived, and the bank was closed for the remainder of the day. \nBPD Sgt. Joseph Sanders said the robber entered the bank and displayed the note to a teller, who handed over an undisclosed amount of money. After leaving the bank, the robber fled south, Sanders said. \nBank employees described the robber as being a white man, about 5-foot-10, with a medium build. He was wearing white gloves, a dark-colored fleece jacket and a ball cap with an Indiana Pacers logo on it. \nOfficers are reviewing the surveillance video from Peoples State Bank, as well as outside surveillance videos from nearby businesses to get a better view of the suspect, Sanders said.\nThe police are continuing to follow up on leads, including a report of a suspect who was seen catching a cab at about 3:15 p.m. Anyone with information on this or other crimes can contact BPD at 339-4477.\nCheck www.idsnews.com, for continuing coverage.