Home not so humble as 3 ranked opponents come to Bloomington

No. 82 Batty, No. 90 Vastag lead IU into Hoosier Classic

The comforts of home might not be evident this weekend as the Hoosiers welcome the University of Notre Dame, Louisiana State University and Kansas State University to Bloomington. \nAll three finished in the top 100 of last season's Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings. And all three will highlight the field at this weekend's Hoosier Classic. \nAlong with three ranked teams, five ITA preseason-ranked individuals will be competing in the Hoosier Classic, including No. 82 senior Sarah Batty and No. 90 senior Dora Vastag.\n"The competition level will be much higher. It will be a chance to see how the girls respond, and learn what to work on their games with much more being exposed," said IU head coach Lin Loring. \nIn last year's Hoosier Classic, Vastag, sophomore Laura McGaffigan and junior Cecile Perton had strong runner-up finishes in their respective flights.\n"It's at home and we get to see a lot of teams we normally don't schedule. It's fun to see teams you don't get to face during the dual match season," Loring said. "We have a lot of people to play and want to see the people that didn't play. Also, we will be trying out different doubles \ncombinations."\nIn addition to playing their first matches of the season, Vastag and the doubles duo of Batty and McGaffigan have the added pressure of preparing for their first college grand slam of the year held in Pacific Palisades, Calif., next week.\n"I'm just excited to get back into matches and prepare for the All-American Championships," Batty said. "Laura and I have been playing quite a bit of doubles. A lot of the teams this weekend are going to be tough, especially at the top."\nThe Hoosier Classic will begin at 10 a.m. Friday and run through Sunday. It will be held on the Outdoor Varsity Courts.