Bracey hoping it is the Wright time

Months worth of working out, practicing and living a jet-setting life will come to a close Tuesday as Bracey Wright will find out if all that work pays off in the NBA Draft.\nThroughout the process Wright has been all over the country in hopes of impressing teams enough to make him a draft pick -- possibly a first-round selection.\nWhile Wright participated in workouts before the Chicago Pre Draft Camp, June 8-10, things intensified in this last week before the Draft.\nSince Monday, Wright has worked out for New York, Minnesota, Dallas, Detroit and will finish up with Cleveland this morning before heading off to New York for Draft night. Wright will be in Madison Square Garden for the Draft night festivities.\nGoing from city to city is just part of the process, said Wright's agent Bob McClaren.\n"He has been in a new city every day since Chicago," McClaren said. "He needed to be in front of as many teams and scouting directors as possible to show he can not only score but play great defense."\nWhile scoring was never an issue at IU, as Wright tallied nearly 1,500 points for his career, proving that he was more than a scorer was, said Wright's high school coach Tommy Thomas.\n"He had some excellent defensive feedback and he is handling the ball better," Thomas said. "Those were all questions that needed to be answered."\nAlthough Thomas was surprised by his former player's decision to take the risk of going pro, he has heard positive feedback from many teams, including Toronto, Phoenix, New York and Indiana. \nSince the time Wright decided to leave IU there has been speculation about where he would he would go. Some Web sites have him listed as a second-round pick, others not at all. Insidehoops.com has Wright as a mid-to-late second-round choice, Nbadraft.net doesn't have him being selected.\nAs discouraging as it could look for Wright, McClaren said from what he has been told by other teams Wright will go somewhere in the first round or early in the second. Even with the optimism, much of where Wright will end up will depend on which teams draft which players and any trades made Tuesday, he said.\nWhile Draft night is likely to be filled with a lot of nervousness and anticipation, Thomas said all they can do is be sure they will feel the same way about him Tuesday as they did when the process started.\n"I think you just reassure him whether he goes 10th or 25th that you are going to love him no matter where he ends up," said Thomas, who also coached Deron Williams, a likely lottery choice.\nAfter all the months of trying to impress the league that he isn't just a one-dimensional player, McClaren feels he has done enough to warrant Wright being picked in the first round, he said.\n"He has done everything he can possibly do. He is a very active and very energetic defensive player -- I think that can work to his advantage," McClaren said. "I'm very hopeful for him to be with a team that can really give him an opportunity to play and grow."\nAttempts to reach Wright were unsuccessful by press time.