Man arrested with 2 tons of marijuana

Investigation yields suspect with drugs valued at $3.3 million Dollars.

CORYDON, Ind.-- Federal agents have seized more than two tons of marijuana and charged a man with distributing the drug in southern Indiana and the Louisville, Ky., area.\nFollowing a several-month investigation, federal agents arrested Dennis Wayne Dahl, 51, of Corydon, said Hancy Jones, a spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office in Louisville said Friday.\nJones said that bond has not been set and that a hearing has been scheduled for Tuesday.\nTony King, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's resident agent in charge, said the seized marijuana was in plastic-wrapped packages of six to 20 pounds.\nAuthorities estimated the street value of the nearly 2,300 pounds seized at $3.3 million.\nInvestigators have not determined if the marijuana was grown locally or came from a supplier, King said.\nDahl's arrest resulted directly from a confidential source who claimed to buy 200 pounds of marijuana from him each month, according to an affidavit.\nAgents electronically monitored a meeting between the source and Dahl in Harrison County, the affidavit said. Agents followed Dahl to his Corydon home, about 20 miles west of Louisville, and then into Kentucky.\nWhen he returned to Harrison County, he delivered 250 pounds of marijuana to the source and received $25,000, the affidavit said. Afterward, agents arrested him and seized the two tons of marijuana from his house.