Hot-hitting Hoosiers face Wright State

After a dominating performance this week, which included two victories by a combined total of 42 runs, the Hoosiers (13-7) will take on Wright State in a three-game series this weekend. \nIU beat Indiana Wesleyan 13-5 Tuesday and easily took care of Chicago State Wednesday, 29-5. Those two wins extended the Hoosiers' winning streak to five games, dating back to their spring break trip.\nDuring this streak, the bats have been hot, as IU has not scored less than 10 runs in any of these games. \nThe Hoosiers look to continue their winning ways against the Raiders but know they cannot get overly confident.\n"We just have to take the game for what it's worth and not get too overconfident," freshman Matt Saba said. "We have to expect more from Wright State and not take things for granted."\nAlthough the offense has been rolling, IU coach Bob Morgan knows the Chicago State game was not a true indicator of great competition, and said the team will have a tougher match this weekend.\nThe Raiders are 8-11 on the season.\n"There is no question we are going to have to come out and play this weekend. Wright State will be a stronger opponent," Morgan said. "The Chicago State game gave us confidence, and we are starting to swing the bats, but we still need to strike out a little less and improve the pitching."\nThe Hoosiers look to produce runs against the Raiders the same way they did against Chicago State, with everyone in the lineup hitting the ball. Senior David Hughes, who had two home runs Wednesday, believes this is the key to getting the offense rolling.\n"Everybody in the lineup was hitting. I thought we did a great job of hitting all the way through the order," Hughes said. \nAfter the Wright State series, the Hoosiers have only one game left before they open up Big Ten conference play against Northwestern. Hughes is pleased with the way the team is playing lately as the most important part of the season nears. \n"With conference play coming up, we are really playing well at the right time, and the team is coming together well," Hughes said. "But there is always room for improvement."\nThe series with the Raiders will be at home, as the first pitch is set for 3 p.m. Friday and 1 p.m. Saturday at Sembower Field. \n-- Contact Staff writer Alex Witteveld at pawittev@indiana.edu.