Record-setting game for Hoosiers in 5-1 victory

The IU women's field hockey team now has a new record for wins in a season after defeating Lindenwood 5-1 on Sunday. \nThe non-conference victory brought the Hoosiers' record to 7-4 on the season.\nBesides the record for wins in a season, IU set a new school record for most goals in a season. The five goals scored broke the existing record of 22. \nIU's barrage of goals was initiated by freshman Lydia Schrott's fifth goal of the season off a penalty corner. The Hoosiers went into the half ahead 2-0, on senior Erica Nilsson's first goal the game just moments before triple zeros hit the clock.\nNilsson's scoring did not stop at halftime. She recorded her second goal of the game five minutes into the second stanza to put the Hoosiers up 3-0.\nTwo sophomores got in on the scoring escapade as Lesley Wiler and Nikki Orciuch each scored in the second half to give the Hoosiers their five goals.\nIU's hopes of a shutout were dashed when Lindenwood junior Aoife McArdle scored with just over 13 minutes to play in the game.\n"We tried some new things in the game today, and the girls responded well," coach Amy Robertson said. "Our passing game was excellent and we were able to get everyone involved. I want to give credit to Lindenwood because they made us work today."\nTwo other records were broken in Sunday's game. Nilsson's second goal gave her the IU record for most goals by an individual in a game with two. And junior Brooke Evans first assist of the season gave the 2003 Hoosiers the IU record for most assists in a season.\nIU lost to Michigan on Saturday in Ann Arbor 4-0 for their fourth loss of the season.