On the Sidelines

Tommy Jones becomes a Bengal\nFormer IU quarterback Tommy Jones signed a contract as a rookie free agent with the Cincinnati Bengals over the weekend. Jones split time last season for IU with Gibran Hamdan at quarterback, who was drafted in the seventh round by the Washington Redskins.\nJones, a native of Eaton, Ohio, passed for 879 yards last year and tied with Hamdan for the team lead in passing touchdowns with nine. \nWith the signing, Jones became the fifth quarterback on the Bengals' roster. The team drafted a quarterback, Heisman Trophy winner Carson Palmer, with the first overall pick in the NFL draft. \nMavs advance to second roundPistons roll over Orlando Magic\nAUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- With his expressionless face sitting atop sunken shoulders and limp legs, Tracy McGrady stared at the floor in dismay.\nMcGrady didn't look up at the scoreboard that showed he again would be going home after the first round, nor did he gaze at the fans who taunted him in a raucous, sold-out arena.\n"This is the worst of all of them," McGrady said after his Orlando Magic were eliminated by the Detroit Pistons 108-93 Sunday.\nChauncey Billups scored 37 and rookie Tayshaun Prince had a career-high 20 while harassing McGrady defensively as Detroit defeated Orlando decisively in Game 7 of their first-round series.\nThe Pistons became just the seventh team in NBA history to advance after falling behind 3-1 in a series, giving McGrady all the time he needs to rest his sleepy eyes.