Fox show to feature Cuban

One of IU's most successful alumni is being featured on Fox Sports Net's 'Beyond the Glory.'\nFormer business student and current Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has his life story told in the 60-minute documentary which covers everything from his childhood to his current state as the most visible owner in the NBA.\nThe program is based around Cuban's road to success through his ventures that spanned from his childhood in Mt. Lebanon, Pa. through his days here in Bloomington and finishes with his current job in Dallas.\nDuring his days at IU, Cuban stuck to the typical college student's regiment with the only exception being that his work ethic was far beyond the norm. His business major has helped him enormously, but he never figured on a career in computers.\n"I never saw myself in computers," Cuban said in the program. "Computers were where the super geeks were at. So I cheated, got someone else's stuff and turned that in and got a B+ or an A or whatever."\nHis connection to IU wasn't just with school. With his business-venture mindset, Cuban opened Motley's Pub, a bar on Kirkwood Avenue, when he was just 21-years-old. It eventually closed because it served alcohol to minors. Currently in its place is Uncle Fester's Blooze Bar.\n"I can't remember anybody in my 27 years here, basically, opening up such a major business while they were a full-time student," Kelley School of Business professor Wayne Winston said in the program.\nRecently married, Cuban made his fortune in the mid-90s as part of the then-booming Internet craze.\nFor all of Cuban's companies and businesses, his most successful and valuable endeavor was AudioNet, which then became www.Broadcast.com.\nStarted by Cuban and fellow IU alum and current business partner Todd Wagner, the original reasoning for the Web site was for them to listen to Hoosier basketball games via the Internet, which weren't audible or televised in Dallas. The Web site was an immediate hit. \nAfter expanding the Web site to broadcast visuals as well as radio broadcasts, Cuban went public with Broadcast.com on the Nasdaq stock exchange, and within the first day of trading he was a billionaire. \n"I think that was the day that you know your life's changed forever," Wagner said in the show. \nA stock that started out at little over $18 a share, ended the first day at $62.75 a share. \nEventually bought out by Yahoo!, Cuban took his wealth to a different venue -- professional basketball -- where he has given the Mavericks a resurgence and made them into a league contender.\n"Somebody had to be the luckiest guy in the world," Cuban said in the show. "I'm just glad they picked me."\nThe show premieres Sunday at 8 p.m.