DeMuth and Bodine help lead Hoosiers to 21-point blowout

It finally came together for the 10-11 (3-8 Big Ten) Hoosier women's basketball team against 12-10 (4-7) Iowa on Thursday night. They defeated the Hawkeyes 89-68 in a contest that coach Kathi Bennett said has helped the team regain their confidence. \nHelping lead the Hoosiers to their first victory since Jan.12 were senior guard Kristen Bodine and sophomore guard/forward Jenny DeMuth. \nBodine made some crucial shots to help the Hoosiers win the game, especially her three pointer that put Indiana back in the lead by 10 points when there was only 3:37 left in the game. She had a career high 23 points in the game.\nIowa's coach Lisa Bluder said she was impressed with Bodine's ability to lead the team and penetrate their defense. Bodine's two career highs have come against Iowa.\nDeMuth was one point short of tying her career high with 25 points. She was also 11-15 from the free throw line. \nDeMuth said the team finally came out in the game and showed their confidence. \n"This is a start for us, a big turnaround for us," DeMuth said. "The past five games we haven't had any confidence. This puts us on the right track now, and we've got our confidence back."\nBennett says the two women are a big part of their key to success. She has noticed their leadership and ability to play well on the court.\n"We needed their leadership and drive on the court tonight and they did that," Bennett said. "I was really proud of them."\nIU's next challenge will be against the Wisconsin Badgers on Sunday. Wisconsin recently lost a road game with No. 25 ranked Ohio State. \nThe last time these two teams met was on Jan. 24. It was a bittersweet moment for the Hoosiers as they broke attendance records at Assembly Hall in "Pack the Hall" night but also suffered a loss to the Badgers 69-58. It was a night when the Hoosiers were 11-25 from the charity stripe.\nBennett said she is anxious to see how the Hoosiers will measure up against the Badgers after their win over Iowa. The loss to Wisconsin at home is still fresh in their minds. When her team last played the Badgers, they were a team that played hard but didn't play smart, Bennett said.\n"I just watched the tape of the Wisconsin game the other day," Bennett said. "I think we just missed a lot of easy shots, and now those shots are starting to fall for us."\nShe's hoping the team isn't satisfied with their win over Iowa and wants the team to stay hungry for yet another win, this one on the road.\n"They can't get comfortable," Bennett said. "The Wisconsin game is the next biggest game, and I can't wait to see how they respond"