Music festival remembers Behrman

The legacy of Jill Behrman was remembered through both athletics and music Saturday.\nIn conjunction with the Jill Behrman Run to the End Zone, a music festival was held at Dunn Meadow to raise money for Jill's House, a temporary home for cancer patients undergoing Proton Therapy at IU. \nThe bands that performed included Laborius Clef, Three Minute Mile, Run of the Mill, Blue Moon Revue and Johnzo West. \nProceeds for the charity were raised by asking those in the audience to give donations along with sponsorship. All the bands played for free.\nOrganizers of the event said they were pleased with the way in which the concert ran. \n"The concert has been really good, the weather has been good and there has been a really good turnout so far," said senior Brain Balta, Union Board's Live From Bloomington director. \nThe events were organized for Saturday to coincide with the events earlier that day at the Mellencamp Pavilion. \n"We are trying to raise some money along with the Jill Behrman Run to the Endzone," Balta said.\nDavid Hosei, a junior residential assistant at Forest and main organizer for the event, said the event helped raise awareness about cancer and personal safety.\n"It started as a way to raise money for the Jill House and support a friend going through cancer," he said. "Our goal was to try and make a positive impact on the lives of IU students."\nThe music festival followed a "Battle of the Bands" format. Each band's performance was judged by a panel composed of representatives of several campus organizations and local businesses, including Union Board and Karma Records. \nBlue Moon Review emerged as the winner, a Bloomington-based funk band.\nJustin Leone, bassist of Three Minute Mile and former IU student, said the event was something they couldn't refuse to be a part of. \n"This is a great event," he said. "We have done stuff with the Jill House before. Plus when we heard the line up it was nothing we could turn down."\nLeone said the festival was one of the better musical events that happen in Bloomington.\n"It's for a good cause and you can't get better than that," he said.\nDean of Students Richard McKaig, was also in attendance at the concert.\n"Too often people focus on the negatives," he said. "This event shows IU students at their best, trying to help others"