Audience blown away by 'Shockwave'

Loud upbeat music, dancing, singing, flashing lights, all made for a fantastic Friday evening at the IU Auditorium. "Blast II: SHOCKWAVE" is the sequel to the Tony and Emmy award winning production of Blast and the best show I have seen at IU.\nThis show was exhilarating. It was positive, uplifting, exciting and inspirational. Performers were all over the place, dancing, singing, doing acrobatic tricks and interacting with the audience. I even had a performer sit next to me while he played the trumpet.\nNot knowing what to expect, I thought this show would be similar to a marching band. I was wrong. This show might be based on a marching band, but evolution must have been rapid because this is a complicated, choreographed extravaganza incorporating elements of ballet and gymnastics.\nWhen I spoke to Doug Booher, the director of the IU Auditorium, earlier this week, I realized that his enthusiasm for this show was remarkable. After going, I can see why. He said he knew what a treasure this performance would be for Bloomington residents and students. \nFor the two hours while I was sitting watching this performance, I was transformed from a theater in Indiana to a theater on Broadway in the heart of New York City. This show is truly a one of a kind. It could easily earn its place on Broadway and the respect from the New York theatrical community. \nNot only did I have a grand time, everyone seemed to be in much greater spirits upon leaving the auditorium after the show. Even at intermission, people were out of their chairs giving standing ovations. \nTo top off the evening, the performers came out into the foyer to meet the crowd. Smiles and handshakes were exchanged by everyone. \nIf you are looking for an incredible show to bring family and friends, then "Blast II: SHOCKWAVE" would be it. It is an experience that will be remembered forever.