Counting on the Crows?

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. today for the Counting Crows live in concert Thursday, Oct. 24 at 8 p.m. in the IU Auditorium.\nThe Crows were scheduled to play at the auditorium last year, but issues concerning the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11 and work on their new album, Hard Candy, got in the way and the band cancelled the show the same day tickets went on sale.\n"There was overwhelming support last year from the student body for the Counting Crows to come," said Union Board director of concerts Adam Blake. \nBlake said the Union Board was still very interested in bringing the band back to IU this year despite last year's cancellation.\nLast year, tickets for the show went on sale on Sept. 14, only to be cancelled later that day despite the sale of over 2,000 of the 3,200 seats in the auditorium.\nUnion Board's marketing director Scott Dittmer believes the demand to see the Crows is still high at IU.\n"I think we're going to sell a lot of tickets the first day," Dittmer said. "I think we made the right choice (to bring the band back) because we saw the demand."\nTickets are available to both IU students and the public at the IU Auditorium, the Student Activities Desk in the Indiana Memorial Union and through any Ticketmaster location.\nIU Auditorium's general manager Doug Booher said students can bypass the Ticketmaster convenience charge by coming directly to either the auditorium or the Union to buy their tickets.\nTickets are $35 for the public and $30 for IU students.\nBooher said he doesn't foresee any problems this year concerning the Crows' performance.\n"The band is very dedicated to their fans," Booher said.\nTouring behind their new album, Booher said he thinks the show will definitely sell out.\n"I'm really excited because the students have worked really hard to get the Counting Crows back on campus," Booher said.\nBlake said with the Crows being one of the most popular rock bands out today, he believes the show will go extremely well.\n"If people are really serious about going to see the Counting Crows, they should be there early for the sale at 10 a.m., because if last year was any sign of what's going to happen this year, this show will sell out very soon," Blake said.