'RBI Baseball' hits a homerun

RBI Baseball
For: Nintendo
By: Konami You didn't like the way the 1986 World Series between the New York Mets and the Boston Red Sox ended up, did you? Of course not, who likes those Mets anyway? Well, now you can change the outcome, at least in your basement with the new game from Tengen "RBI Baseball." "RBI Baseball" will provide you hours of video game fun. It's true that the game doesn't have all the teams in the major leagues, but National and American League All-Star teams are included to make up for this. This was to try and have at least one or two players from each team not represented in the game, such as Ryne Sandberg from the Cubs and Andres Galaragga from the Montreal Expos. Yet the teams aren't what make this game great, the game play is. When you're up to bat, you can swing for the fences, bunt or check your swing. And being able to check your swing makes a huge difference when one of those sinkers comes your way from the pitcher. Also another nice feature available is how you can steal bases, which makes it much easier to generate some extra offense. Don't think that all these features swings the advantage to the offensive end. Defense and pitching also have several nice features as well. When you're on the mound, you can throw a fastball or a changeup along with a curveball and a sinker. With all of these choices, the problem won't be getting the other team out, but what pitch to use to get the batter out. Fielding is also smooth, with the ability to dive and jump. Unfortunately, once the ball is in play, you move all the players at the same time, which is a little tricky to start with, but once you get the hang of it, it's not too bad. So, if you want to see who would win in a game between the Mets and the California Angels, or try to settle the debate about who is a better pitcher between Roger Clemens and Nolan Ryan, "RBI Baseball" is the game for you to pick up. So go run out to the store and pick up the new baseball game that will change the face of 8-bit baseball games forever.