New colors not needed

At the IU-Purdue football game, there were two athletics directors in attendance. One was dressed in full black and gold, the other was wearing a suit with a Titleist umbrella.\nNo wonder IU's Michael McNeely wants to mess with the colors of IU. It appears he doesn't quite know what they are.\nEither way, McNeely's decision to "revamp" the colors at IU is a big mistake. Cream and crimson have not been a part of IU athletics for years, and all of a sudden, we're getting a new icon, logo and mascot.\nIt's been years since IU has been cream and crimson, so for many students at IU, the tradition is red and white. Sure cream and crimson is in the fight song, but red and white is what covers the campus. \nWhat is most ironic is that after supporting an academics first policy, McNeely brought attention back to IU athletics. First the academics, then he fired former football coach Cam Cameron.\nApparently, contradiction is a high priority for McNeely.\nWhat's even more interesting is that for some reason, the Poms squad had to find their own way to their national competition, because the IU athletic department could not fund the trip. Is that saved money now being used to employ the company hired to research new colors?\nSounds like a waste to me. Not university-oriented. And this change is supposed to be a good one?\nIt's upsetting that McNeely, who has been here all of nine months, hasn't consulted the students on this decision. For someone who is not visible to the students to be making such a big decision without even asking for the students' input is ridiculous. It's our school, our colors and our opinion should at least be made known.\nThere's no reason that the colors should be changed. If McNeely wants IU to stand out, maybe he should try different methods other than messing with tradition. Red and white tradition, that is.