Do you believe in magic? I do now

Amazing. That is the best way I can describe what David Copperfield brought to the IU Auditorium Thursday evening during the 6:30 p.m. show. His tricks and illusions left me wondering where he went and what he was going to do next.\nThe show started with him appearing on a motorcycle inside of a box. He interacted with the audience non-stop, and this left me wondering if I was ever going to be picked. If I would have gotten lucky, the person sitting next to me would have disappeared. \nThere was only one illusion that I found hard to believe. Copperfield made one young man disappear, off to Hawaii. The man was then shown on a big screen standing on a sandy beach in Hawaii. Copperfield went with him, and even though I didn't see the guy after the show, I don't believe he actually went to Hawaii. I do wonder how they sat above the crowd, put a sheet over them, and appeared on the big screen. While the big screen could have been previously taped, I don't know where they could have went after sitting in front of the crowd.\nTwo young women were called up to the stage, each of them wearing a different color underwear. Copperfield's ability to perform the magic was combined with his flirtatious demeanor. Still, the most amazing feat was his actual ability to change the underwear each of them was wearing.\nFortunately I wasn't asked to show my underwear when my moment in the spotlight came.\nSure enough, a big silver bouncy-ball came my way toward the end of the show. There were quite a few of these balls flying around as the music played. One of them landed right in front of the seat next to me, and the person sitting next to me didn't want to grab it, hoping I would be the one to vanish. \nSo I grabbed the ball, and made my way to the front.\nAs I walked up to the stage, ball in hand, I was curious as to where I would end up. I ended up with a deflated ball some stagehand handed me as some sort of prank. Nobody gave me the inside scoop on the trick, I then became witness to seeing 13 people disappear.\nReally.\nMy job was to stand on stage and watch the people sitting in the set of chairs. It's a good thing I wasn't babysitting, because I would have lost my job quicker than an Enron executive. And like an Enron executive, I had no idea where the people went. \nOne second, the group was suspended in the air. A sheet went over them and I continued watching them as if my life depended on it. But when the sheet was removed, so were the people. I swear they disappeared faster than a set of financial records. \nBut Copperfield had a way of making these people reappear. They found their way to the back of the auditorium much to my and the audience's amazement.\nThe show never slowed down and Copperfield's ability to keep the crowd on their toes was echoed by his ability to make the crowd laugh. After watching from on stage, I truly believe\nin magic.