Team take 32nd in NCAA championship

Select members of the IU men's swimming and diving teams finished the NCAA championships in 32nd place Saturday. Junior breaststroker David Schulze, sophomore sprinters Claes Andersson and Dale Ramsy and sophomore diver Marc Carlton represented the Hoosiers in three-day event.\nSchulze kicked off the competition last Thursday with his second-best time of the season in the 200-yard individual medley. Schulze's time earned him a 34th place finish in the preliminary round. \nAndersson and Ramsy also competed Thursday, taking the 35th and 42nd places respectively in the 50-yard freestyle. \nFriday, Schulze took 31st overall in prelims in the 100-yard breaststroke with a 55.52 time. Schulze then competed in the 200-yard breaststroke Saturday but was disqualified. Andersson took 35th in the 100-yard freestyle Saturday. His 44.48 time was his season best and the eighth best time in school history. \nOn the diving side of the competition, Carlton forged a 21st place finish on the one-meter boards, a 12th place finish on the three-meter boards and a 20th place finish in the 10-meter event. \nThe University of Texas won the event with a 512 tally. Stanford, Auburn, Florida and Southern Cal rounded out the top five respectively.