Hoosiers head to Penn State, aim high

Bring it on. \nThe women's track and field team returns to Penn State this weekend to defend their Nitty Cup Challenge champion title. The IU track team includes five nationally-ranked athletes, including Rachelle Boone, No.1 in the 60-meter.\nCoach Randy Heisler is not worried about the competition.\n"I don't worry about us," Heisler said. "We do our events as best we can and give one-hundred percent maximum effort."\nBoone moved up in the national rankings to the No.1 spot in the 60-meter with her fieldhouse record time, 7.32 seconds.\nDespite the record, Boone is not yet content with her time. This year, Boone said, she aims for a provisional record.\n"Last year, everyone PR-ed (at the Nitty Cup Challenge)," Boone said. "I want a PR. This will be the toughest competition all year, but the banked track will help."\nDanielle Carruthers is also nationally ranked. She is third in the 60-meter hurdles. The top two 60-meter hurdlers in the nation will be present at the event this weekend. \nCarruthers is looking forward to the competition. \n"The top two (nationally ranked 60m hurdlers) compete against each other all the time," she said. "I'm looking forward to having this competition."\nBoone and Carruthers will both be racing in the 200-meter dash this weekend. They train with each other and consistently finish first and second in the 60-meter. \nHeisler said he is very proud of his two world-class sprinters. \n"I could coach another twenty years and not be blessed with two such talented athletes," Heisler said. "They're two of the fastest girls in the world, not just in Nationals."\nLong-jumper Rose Richmond will be leaping towards a provisional. Last weekend, at the Indiana Relays, Richmond missed provisionals by one centimeter. By focusing only on the long-jump, Richmond said she hopes to fulfill her goal.\nFreshman Emily Tharpe is less than an inch away from breaking the IU indoor pole vault record. Last weekend, Tharpe qualified for Nationals. On Tharpe returning to her home state this weekend, Heisler projected a positive outcome.\n"She's going home, (and) I'm sure she's going to do well," Heisler said.\nTia Trent, 400-meter outdoor Big Ten champion, will be fresh this weekend with a goal to put to rest. By racing on the fast, banked track, Trent said she wants to make provisionals.\nHeisler said he is proud of his athletes and is excited to see them fulfill their goals this weekend.