Who is responsible?

There is truly a problem with the alcohol management in the greek system. Fraternities are constantly getting booted from campus for violations of alcohol and students are not practicing responsible alcohol management.\nBut how far do we have to go in blaming fraternities every time someone has too much too drink? Students are the ones making the decision to go overboard. The peer pressure is adamant, no matter what party you go to where alcohol is being served.\nIt is unfortunate that we as a University have had to deal with the unfortunate deaths of Jospeh Bisanz and Seth Korona. Even more unfortunate are their families. My heart goes out to all the relatives who have had to deal with the unfortunate passing of their loved ones.\nStudents need to learn from these mistakes. We are constantly holding fraternities responsible for poor decisions by students. The greek system should be held accountable for their actions, but why should a national charter be held liable for the poor decisions by a student? These national charters are constantly trying to promote responsible alcohol management and should not be held accountable for these efforts.\nNobody is forcing alcohol down students' throats. Alcohol has been provided at fraternities for a long time. Keg stands are not a new philosophy to a college campus.\nPeople need to start being held responsible for their own actions. We are all adults, and being separated from our families is no recourse to drink irresponsibly.\nThis is not a move to stop themselves from being held responsible, this is an action to help raise awareness amongst alcohol problems in the greek system.\nDo not continue to blame fraternities for alcohol abuse issues, this is a problem that affects the whole campus. As a University, we need to respond better to alcohol awareness, not alcohol abuse.