Hoosiers head to Louisville

This week, as America has attempted to return to some semblemce of normal routine, athletes have returned to the playing fields. The men's soccer team will resume their schedule Thursday as they head to the University of Louisville. \nHead Coach Jerry Yeagley said the fact that many people are trying to get on with their lives, in spite of last week's tragedy, makes an important statement. \n"We want to show the world that we can go about our business," Yeagley said. "People are getting back to work on Wall Street and other businesses and it's no different here."\nJunior forward Pat Noonan agreed.\n"I don't think (last week) was a time to worry about sports," Noonan said. "Now (the games) have got to resume, but (the tragedy) is still in the back of everyone's mind."\nThe Hoosier's, who are ranked No.9 by the National Soccer Coaches Association of America, will be back in action tonight. They face an unranked Louisville squad at Cardinal Stadium at 7:30 p.m. \nSenior goalie Colin Rogers said the team is anxious to get back on the field.\n"We are ready and excited to play," Rogers said. "We have been playing ourselves (in scrimmages) for about two weeks now, so we are more than ready to get back on the field for a new challenge." \nIU will have a Big Ten Player of the Week on both sides of the ball to help them face that challlenge. Rogers was honored as co-Defensive Player of the Week. He received the award after posting a shutout against No.2 University of Washington two weekends ago at the Portland Classic. Noonan, who posted one goal and nine shots in Portland, was named the Big Ten Offensive Player of the Week. \nThe Hoosiers (2-2-0) have compiled an 8-0 record against the Cardinals over the years, outscoring them a combined 37-3 in those eight meetings. IU shutout Louisville 2-0 last year at Bill Armstrong Stadium in Bloomington. The Cardinals have begun the 2001 season with a 1-2 record.\nRogers said despite Louisville's shaky start and history against the Hoosiers, they are not a team to be taken for granted.\n"I haven't personally seen (Louisville) play yet this year but this is always a big game for us." Rogers said. "Louisville is one of our rivals and they are always ready to play us"