Hoosiers allow 1st goal, but still win

Butler slips by IU defense to net 2 goals, but Hoosiers finish spring season undefeated

The women's soccer team concluded its spring exhibition season by taking down in-state rival Butler 4-2 Wednesday night at North Central High School in Indianapolis.\nDespite allowing their first two goals of the entire spring season, the Hoosiers offense carried the team to the win.\n"It was OK," coach Joe Kelley said. "I wasn't happy with the two goals we gave up. They didn't score, it's just that we let them in our zone. Offensively we did well by creating a lot of chances. Overall, this spring we did really well. We worked hard, we got better, we worked (Butler transfer) Kara (Bryan) in, and did some other things that worked well."\nJunior Kelly Kram made it 1-0 a little more than 12 minutes into the game with a high, hard shot into the far corner on a feed from Bryan. Sophomore Kate Kastl made it 2-0 a little less than 12 minutes later, knifing through the defense on a pass from sophomore Jenny Mann.\n"For the spring, I liked the way our forwards clicked," Kelley said. "(Sophomore) Shelly (Gruszka), (junior) Katie (Kastl), Jenny (Mann), (junior Kristen) Sprunger. They all became a lot more dangerous"