Around The Game

IU to battle Butler in spring contest\nThe women's soccer team hasn't allowed a goal in 450 minutes this spring season, winning all five of its games. \nThe men's team has also had its share of success, racking up a 2-0-1 record. \nBoth squads get the chance to spruce up their spring seasons tonight when they meet in-state foe Butler at North Central High School in Indianapolis. The women will play at 5:30 p.m., and the men will follow at 7:30.\nThe IU men's squad beat Butler 1-0 at in October - the last time the two schools met.\nThe Hoosiers shut out West Virginia Wesleyan last weekend, winning 2-0.\nHoosiers stagger to last at OSU\nThe men's golf team played the same course on which golf legend Jack Nicklaus shot round after round at Ohio State. \nBut the Hoosiers' performance was far from legendary in the Kepler Intercollegiate in Columbus, Ohio, this weekend. The Hoosiers finished last of 17 teams, firing a three-round total of 948. Ohio State won the tournament, shooting an 893.\nIU competed without sophomore Aldo Jordan for the first time this season; he had a viral infection last week. The Hoosiers' No. 3, 4 and 5 players entered the meet with only five rounds of tournament experience among them. \nSenior Steve Wheatcroft led IU with a 228 and tied in 28th place. Sophomore Mike Miller tied for 62nd with a 238, and junior Richard Thomas fired a 241. Sophomore Ben Davidson shot a 242 and tied for 78th place. Sophomore Bret Hardin carded a 244 and finished 86th. \nNorthwestern finished just one stroke behind Ohio State, which won the event for the first time since 1998. The Wildcats won the tournament in 1999 and 2000. \nNorthwestern's Luke Donald won his 12th career title after scoring a 212. Donald's victory marks the second consecutive year a Wildcat has won the individual medalist honors.