Team hits road for fourth week

For the fourth consecutive week, the women's tennis team will take to the road. Protecting their 7-2 record, the Hoosiers will travel for a clash with Tennessee 11 a.m. Sunday.\nThe Lady Vols will be another test for the Hoosiers, as they enter Sunday's contest with a 5-1 record. Their only loss was a 7-0 shutout by No. 3 Duke last weekend in the first round of the USTA/ITA National Team Indoor Championships.\nOne of the two losses came from the powerful Blue Devils, who blanked IU 7-0 two weekends ago.\nThe series between Tennessee and IU leans in IU's favor 11-8. Last season, the Lady Vols topped the Hoosiers 5-2.\nThe Hoosiers enter the nonconference tilt after notching their first Big Ten victory last weekend 4-3 against Iowa. \nAfter winning the doubles point against Iowa, IU had to claw through tough singles matches. Iowa jumped out first with No. 5 Steffi Hoch defeating freshman Martina Grimm 2-6, 6-4, 3-6, No. 1 senior Kelly Blanch answered for the Hoosiers, dominating 6-4, 6-0. \nIowa and IU split the No. 6 and No. 3 singles matches to put IU in a 3-2 lead with the final two singles matches remaining.\nNo. 2 junior Amanda Field helped seal the IU victory. After winning the first set, Field fell 4-6 in the second set to Cassie Haas, forcing a third set. The final set went to a tiebreaker, with Field taking the match 6-4, 4-6, 7-6 (6).\nThe Lady Vols are led by No. 3 player Vilmarie Castellvi who managed to win a set against Duke, a national power. She eventually lost 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 to Megan Miller.