Hoosiers rested, ready for Racers

The men's tennis team had its four-match winning streak broken last weekend at Minnesota, dropping the team out of the Top 25. But, with a win Monday against Brown, the No. 31 Hoosiers are looking to start a new streak. \nIU, although tired, played a solid game against Brown, taking all matches with the exception of the No. 3 doubles match. After taking off Tuesday and Wednesday, the team is rested and preparing to play host to Murray State 9 a.m. Saturday at the IU Tennis Center. \nMurray State enters Hoosier territory defending a 4-2 record and a three-match winning streak. But, the Racers will be at a disadvantage when the match starts Saturday.\n"Murray State has been has been playing one player short," coach Ken Hydinger said. \nIn its last three wins, Murray State has been forced to forfeit the No. 6 singles match because of a lack of players. Strength in numbers might be a deciding factor in the match's decision. \nThe Hoosiers also have history on their side. With recent success against a slumping Racer program, IU will enter the match as the favorite.\n"The past two years we have picked up pretty easy wins against them," senior Paul Jacobson said. "But, that is not to say that this match will be easy." \nAnd an easy match is not what the Hoosiers are expecting. With coach Mel Purcell, a former professional and Wimbledon quarterfinalist, rebuilding the Murray State program, the match should be interesting.\n"You never know what to expect," junior Rahman Smiley said. "They have a good coach who was a very good player. It should be a close match"