Swimmers fall to Ohio State

A loss is a hard pill to swallow. \nEspecially when the loss is to a team you could have beaten.\nThis was the general consensus after the men's swimming team's Saturday 149.5-93.5 loss to Ohio State. \n"We should have beat them; it's disappointing," senior captain Craig Hertz said. "Everybody had a bad day. Unfortunately, some of us had bad performances. Everybody was trying as hard as they could." \nThe loss also brings the Hoosiers' road record to 0-3. \n"(Ohio State) is a tough place to come," coach Kris Kirchner said. "Ohio State is always tough, and we just let them beat us today."\nBut the loss was not without highlights. The 4x400-meter medley relay team won the event with a season-best time of 3:23.69. \n"Will Bernhardt swam slow; David Schulze swam slow," Kirchner said of the relay team. "Euans and Gold really pulled it out for us. That group can go a lot faster."\nThe Hoosiers won the first two events of the meet, but hit a dry spell, winning only three of the 11 remaining events. Joe Trent pulled out a win in the 1650-meter freestyle with a time of 16:00.05. Kevin Euans won the 200-meter butterfly with a time of 1:50.36. \nIU won again in the 200-meter breaststroke when Schulze touched the wall in 2:06.95. The Hoosiers closed the meet with a victory when Tom Davidson won in the 3-meter dive.\nThe Hoosiers have this week off, giving them time to prepare for the meet against Michigan Jan. 27. \n"(This) was a difficult loss, but we've got to look ahead to Michigan and then Purdue," sophomore Kevin Euans said.