Men to face Buckeyes

Time is crucial for the men's swimming team, and Saturday's meet is no exception.\nWith only three meets left until the Big Ten Championships, the team is beginning the stretch drive starting 1 p.m. Saturday when IU meets Ohio State.\nThe meet has been close in the past, with the Hoosiers winning on the last event a year ago 124-119. Men's coach Kris Kirchner said he expects the 2001 meet will be no exception.\n"It's always a challenge going on the road," Kirchner said. "We have a good rivalry. It's always a really close meet, so we're looking to go over there, swim tough, have a good day, swim fast and keep improving."\nOSU divers competed at the Indiana Dive-off in Bloomington a week ago. IU senior Tom Davidson defeated Heath Knowling and Ryan Fillman of Ohio State in the contest.\nIU sophomore David Schulze is leading the way for IU individually, holding two top-30 Division I times. At the U.S. Open at Auburn, Schulze swam the 100-meter breaststroke in 1:2.06, placing him 12th in the country. His 2:03.64 200-meter IM ranks him 28th. The top 16 finishers are guaranteed a spot at the NCAA meet in March

Get more award-winning content delivered straight to your inbox. Sign up for our Weekly Recap.