Hoosiers to test unbeaten record

The women's basketball team returns to Assembly Hall for its third game in five days as it faces Kent State at 7:30 p.m. in their final home game until New Year's Eve.\nThe Hoosiers are 5-0, their best start since the 1994-95 season. But to remain undefeated, the team needs to control what coach Kathi Bennett calls the best post-guard combination IU has seen.\n"They're quick, and they all get to the rim really well," senior guard Rainey Alting said. "Plus, they can shoot. We're going to have to work real hard."\nThe Hoosiers will have to be cautious of their turnovers because Kent State has forced 58 turnovers in its past two games. IU had only 37 turnovers in two games but had trouble with keeping possession of the ball earlier in the season.\n"They have a really good press," sophomore guard Jill Hartman said. "We're going to have to be patient. We're going to have to be strong with the ball and work on good passes when they press us."\nThe Hoosiers need to get Kent State's starting five into foul trouble, Bennett said. Kent State senior Liz Beggs was 20-for-20 from the free throw line against St. Bonaventure Nov. 19 and remained perfect against Pittsburgh. She is also the team's leading rebounder.\n"She's a great rebounder," Bennett said. "She just out hustles everyone and right now is 31-for31 from the free throw line."\nThe Hoosiers have seen improvements of their own. The Hoosiers went 30-for-74 in total field goals, although Bennett said the team's shot selection is improving.\nBut the Hoosiers must deal with fatigue. The team played four games in six days and will be on the road every weekend in December.\n"It's going to be a big challenge for us," Alting said. "But it's always good to get out of Bloomington. We're definitely up for it, but we have to get the job done."\nSo far, the Hoosiers have posted strong numbers. Junior center Jill Chapman had 56 points and 39 rebounds in the four wins last week and is 41 points away from having 1,000 points.\nJunior guard Heather Cassady joins Chapman in double-figures. Cassady averages 10.4 points per game with 4.4 assists.\nAs a team, the Hoosiers are shooting 43 percent and are 68 percent from field goal range.\n"We've been going and going, and the next three games we play are the three best teams that we play," Bennett said. "We are definitely going to get tested. I wish we had a little more rest. But we really need to wear them down. Our depth will be the difference"