student life

Timeline: Tau Kappa Epsilon chapters that have been closed since 2017

26283327618_ffc639a606_o.jpg

Indiana University — Feb. 8, 2018

The Grand Council of TKE voted to suspend the university's chapter. Read more coverage here.

Ohio State University — Jan. 8, 2018

The chapter was suspended for three years following an investigation that uncovered hazing, endangering behavior and improper use of alcohol, according to an article from The Lantern, OSU's student newspaper.

East Carolina University — Jan. 8, 2018

The university suspended the chapter for a period of four years for undisclosed reasons, according to an article from Reflector.com

University of West Florida — Nov. 17, 2017

The chapter was closed for five years following an investigation into hazing, risk management and alcohol-related misconduct, according to a university press release.

Florida International University — Oct. 27, 2017

The university suspended the chapter indefinitely after screenshots of a group chat with a nude photo of a 17-year-old girl, anti-Semitic and rape jokes and drug sales, according to an article in the Miami Herald.

Pennsylvania State — June 13, 2017

The national chapter of TKE shut down the house for the 2017-18 school year, according to the Daily Collegian.

Drexel University — May 23, 2017

The university put TKE on a five-year suspension after the chapter violated the schools alcohol policy, according to the Triangle, Drexel's student newspaper.

West Virginia University — April 26, 2017

The university opted to no longer recognize TKE as a student organization after multiple bylaw infractions, according to an article from The Daily Athenaeum.