Bloomington man arrested Wednesday for alleged rape of 17-year-old girl

policefiller1.jpg

A 17-year-old girl's mother reported Eugene Ellis, 42, for sexual assault Wednesday after her daughter told her he had raped her. 

Ellis was arrested on rape charges after he allegedly assaulted a 17-year-old female Bloomington resident. 

The victim’s mother told police Ellis was a family member staying over at their house on the far south side of Bloomington on Tuesday night. She said he had stayed at their house many times in the past. 

The 17-year-old told police she went downstairs at about noon when she saw Ellis sleeping on the couch. She said she heard him get up before he grabbed her by putting his arms around her torso from behind. 

The teenager told police Ellis then picked her up, put her face-down on a lounge chair and held her arms and head back while he took off her shorts and underwear. She said he then raped her. 

She told police she tried to get away by kicking, pushing and screaming at him. But about 10 minutes later, he allegedly grabbed her again, put her on the couch and raped her for the second time. 

After the alleged assault, Ellis left through the front door, and the victim got up to call her friends and family members. One of those family members was her mom, who reported the incident and later took her daughter to the hospital for a rape kit. 

Police found Ellis at his friend’s house on the far south side of Bloomington. His friend said he knew nothing about the alleged rape. 

Ellis told police he left work at McDonald’s at 6 a.m. before going to the 17-year-old and her mother’s house and sleeping on their couch until noon. 

He said he and the teenager were alone, but they did not do anything sexual. Later, he told police that he and the 17-year-old did have oral sex, but he said it was consensual. Ellis denied raping the 17-year-old girl. 

Police arrested Ellis for rape, a third-degree felony, and criminal confinement. He was booked into the Monroe County Jail. 

Christine Fernando