Refund Supreme withdraws from IUSA election

Campus Filler

The Refund Supreme ticket provided written notice Tuesday of its intent to withdraw from the 2017 IU Student Association election.

The four-candidate executive ticket, along with an additional congressional candidate, all submitted requests to withdraw their individual candidacy. The ticket dissolution follows submission of their intermediary financial statements, which were blank with the exception of the statement “WE CLAIM NO EXPENDITURES.”

The campaign, managed by junior Samuel Patterson, previously announced its desire to curb spending of student fees by IUSA executives. In an emailed statement to the Indiana Daily Student, Patterson said their main focus was cutting aspects of the current budget, which include scholarships for executive office holders and instituting oversight and transparency measures, like taped sessions of IUSA Congress.

With the withdrawal of the Refund Supreme ticket, five tickets remain on the ballot for the upcoming IUSA elections, which will take place Wednesday and Thursday. A Tuesday debate in Hodge 2083 will precede the election.

A previous version of this article stated the debate would take place at the Monroe County Public Library but the location has since been changed to Hodge Hall.