Thomas Bryant returning for sophomore season

Freshman center Thomas Bryant shoots a free throw during the NCAA second round game against Kentucky on Saturday at the Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines, Iowa. The Hoosiers won 73-67.

IU fans will be able to watch Thomas Bryant in Bloomington for at least one more season. IU announced Thursday the freshman center will choose not to test his NBA Draft stock.

Bryant’s decision comes in the face of the new rules allowing potential prospects to declare for the draft, not sign an agent and still come back to school. Bryant chose simply to remain a Hoosier.

“Being a part of IU basketball is special, and I’m excited to continue my development as a person and as a basketball player under Coach Crean,” Bryant said. “The bond I have with my teammates and coaches is strong. Our plan is to continue to work hard and build off of the many great things we did last year and add to the tradition here.”

Last season, Bryant was a third-team All-Big Ten selection after averaging 11.9 points and 5.8 rebounds a game. In the NCAA Tournament, Bryant averaged 14.7 points a game while helping the Hoosiers reach the 
Sweet 16.

Another Hoosier whose future is still undetermined is junior forward Troy Williams, who has still not announced whether he’s retuning to IU or will test his draft stock using the new rules.