Huntington Prep teammates to visit IU

Huntington Prep teammates and coveted class of 2016 recruits Miles Bridges and Curtis Jones will take official visits to IU this weekend.

Jones, a four-star guard ranked No. 66 nationally in the 247Sports Composite rankings, told the Indiana Daily Student in July that he will visit Bloomington beginning 
Aug. 28.

An MLive.com feature story about Bridges that was published in July listed his visits scheduled for the fall, which includes a trip to Bloomington from Aug. 28-30.

The pair of high school seniors were teammates of IU freshman big man Thomas Bryant at Huntington Prep and their official visits will bring them one step closer to potentially reuniting with him in Bloomington.

Bridges cut his list of schools to five in mid-July. Only IU, Kentucky, Michigan, Michigan State and North 
Carolina remain.

The 6-foot-7 forward is a consensus five-star prospect and he’s ranked as the No. 16 recruit in the 2016 recruiting class, according to the 247Sports Composite 
rankings.

Jones suggested with a tweet in early August that he would soon trim his list to five schools, but he hasn’t announced any further updates.

Jones said he has learned about the Hoosiers through IU sophomore guard Robert Johnson, who — like Jones — spent his time on the AAU circuit playing for Boo Williams.

“I really like Tom Crean,” Jones said. “And Rob (Johnson), he’s told me about the program and how he lets the guards play and how much he makes you better.”

The 6-foot-3 guard said he hopes to make his college 
decision by November.