Carmen Heredia Rodriguez

Apr 10, 2015 1:45 am

Unrequited Love

Eric Love, despite being a champion of campus diversity, wasn't given a counteroffer by IU when Notre Dame called. Love was not the first — or the last — to leave the department. Students and staff still question why DEMA has let this happen.

opinion  •  column  •  Dec 3, 2014 7:34 pm

Race is my reality

Following the grand jury’s decision to not indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson for the death of Michael Brown, experts and amateurs alike have analyzed the issue from countless perspectives.  Although I also possess an opinion about the legality surrounding the grand jury proceedings, I will not delve into the mechanics of the death of Michael Brown, as others with more expertise and sophisticated prose have done so.

opinion  •  column  •  Nov 19, 2014 11:13 am

Helping the nation next door

Trouble lies just beyond the southern border.Mexico faces internal strife as the populace riots against government corruption in response to the kidnapping and alleged killing of 43 students in the state of Guerrero.

opinion  •  column  •  Nov 12, 2014 11:06 am

Playing the hero

The United States is sending thousands of troops overseas under the pretext of collaborating with Iraqi forces to stop the threat of the terrorist organization Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, also known as ISIL.

opinion  •  column  •  Oct 15, 2014 1:26 pm

'More than cream and crimson"

It’s that time of the year again where everybody and anybody affiliated with IU gathers around the town square to show their school spirit: IU Homecoming.

opinion  •  column  •  Sep 17, 2014 11:00 am

Equal in every way

The recent string of domestic violence incidents involving National Football League players has rocked the sporting world and revealed the indifference with which our culture deals with violence.

column  •  Sep 3, 2014 4:00 pm

21st century modesty

In today’s age, the call to combat slut shaming and the negative stereotypes associated with short hems and crop tops have inadvertently created a stigma against women who decide to wear less revealing clothing.Whether the motivation for modesty is rooted in pride or religious principle, it is just as celebratory to cover up the majesty of the female form as it is to flaunt it.These opposing views of the female form create a dichotomy of perfection that is as dangerous as it is, occasionally,

More Articles »

Recent Media