After finding themselves down a quick 10 points, IU stormed back in the first half to cut its halftime deficit to 33-29 against Syracuse at the Carrier Dome in Syracuse, N.Y.

Syracuse scored the first 10 points of the game, and IU started 0-for-4 from behind the 3-point line in that stretch. But sophomore point guard Kevin "Yogi" Ferrell connected on 3-of-5 3-point field goals the rest of the half, including one to tie the game at 24, and another one on IU's ensuing possession that gave IU its first lead of the game at 27-26.

IU went on a 15-5 run to get itself back in the game. It trailed 21-12, then after Ferrell's third 3-point field goal, found itself ahead 27-26 to cap the run.

Ferrell leads IU with nine points. Freshman forward Noah Vonleh has six points for IU, all of which have come from the line, where he is perfect for the night.

Fellow freshman Troy Williams has four points for IU, including a massive putback jam where he leapt over the Syracuse defense to make it 30-29.

Following Williams' dunk, Syracuse guard Trevor Cooney knocked down his third 3-point field goal to give Syracuse its 33-29 halftime lead. Cooney's nine points lead Syracuse. Senior forward C.J. Fair, who leads the Orange in scoring at more than 18 a game, has eight at halftime.

Stay tuned on Twitter with updates from the second half from @IDS_Sports, @robbyhoward1 and @nathan_brown10.