The No. 34 IU women's tennis team won a pair of dual matches at the IU Tennis Center over the weekend. The Hoosiers defeated Minnesota 6-1 on Saturday and Wisconsin 7-0 on Sunday.

Senior Jithmie Jayawickrema said that it helps to win matches by such large margins.

"I know they had a tough time last year and it's good to win by such a big margin," she said. "We were really focused on these two matches to get it done."

Indiana is 17-6 overall and 6-3 in the Big Ten, which puts the team in sole possession of fifth place in the conference.

After road trips to Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, and Nebraska the previous two weekends, IU Coach Loring said that the team has a lot of nagging injuries.

"We're going to have to battle the rest of the way but it mentally helps when you're still winning," he said. "It's something that we're going to have to keep cutting down on practice and making sure that we have plenty of recovery time."

Jayawickrema said that she thinks the team has recovered well.

"Everyone is excited about the Big Ten so I think that we're all fine," she said.

The Hoosiers will host Illinois on Friday and then travel to Northwestern to face the Wildcats on Sunday to close out their regular season conference schedule.

Indiana will host the Big Ten Tournament , which begins on April 25 and ends on the 28th, at the IU Tennis Center in Bloomington, Ind.