The No. 60 Indiana University women's tennis team will face its toughest competition of the season on Friday when the Hoosiers face No. 2 Duke in Las Vegas, Nev. at 10:30 a.m.

The Blue Devils are 9-2 this season. Their only losses were against No. 8 North Carolina and on the road against No. 13 Michigan. Duke's wins were in dual matches against No. 74 Wisconsin, No. 60 Wyoming, No. 15 Baylor, No. 14 Northwestern, No. 2 Florida and No. 19 Notre Dame.

The Blue Devils have five ranked singles players. In singles, Duke boasts No. 16 Hanna Mar, No. 35 Ester Goldfeld, No. 84 Marianne Jodoin, No. 88 Mary Clayton and No. 119 Monica Turewicz. In doubles, Clayton/Goldfeld are No. 11 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association rankings.

IU has the No. 52 doubles tandem of senior Leslie Hureau and junior Sophie Garre.

Indiana is 10-4 entering the dual match and will put its perfect record on neutral courts on the line against Duke.

The two teams have played on an annual basis since the 2003-04 season and the match location has alternated between Durham, N.C. and Bloomington, Ind. before this year's match in Las Vegas, Nev.

Over that time span, Duke is 9-0 against Indiana and the Hoosiers have never earned more than two points in a single dual match against the Blue Devils.