The No. 12 IU water polo team (16-12) lost a heartbreaker on senior night Saturday, falling to its archrival No. 19 Michigan in overtime 8-7.

The game was a back-and-forth affair, as no team ever held a lead larger than one goal. There were seven ties and four lead changes total.

As the lone senior on the team, attacker Jakie Koehli helped lead the Hoosiers in her final IU home game ever by scoring two goals, including IU's final score that put the team up 7-6 in the fourth quarter.

Junior attacker Shae Fournier added two goals of her own, while junior attacker Meghan Lappan and sophomores Rebecca Gerrity and Colleen McNaught each added a score.

With usual starter freshman Jessica Gaudreault out with an elbow injury, freshman Mary Campbell made her sixth start of the year in goal and made a season- and career-best 15 saves on the day.

This was the second time this season an IU match needed overtime to determine a winner. The Hoosiers defeated Cal-Baptist 9-8 after two extra periods back on March 15.

IU is now 14-42-2 all-time against Michigan, but the Hoosiers have won three of the past five matches.

With IU's regular season now complete, the Hoosiers have next week off before the CWPA Western Division championships take place April 13-14. After that, IU will partake in the CWPA Eastern Conference championships April 26-28 and possibility the NCAA championships May 10-12.