In a close match, IU once again could not deliver against a Big Ten foe, this time against Wisconsin. Dropping to 0-4 in Big Ten duals, Indiana was only victorious in three bouts Friday night. With a 26-9 loss against Wisconsin, the Hoosiers will drop to 6-6 on the season.

The only three victorious Hoosiers were sophomores Joe Duca, Taylor Walsh and Luke Sheridan. Duca, wrestling at the 125 weight position, recorded his first Big Ten dual match win of the season. Duca won 7-3 by decision over Wisconsin's Matt Cavallaris, causing the Hoosiers to take an early 3-0 lead. However, the lead would not last for long, with three losses in a row for IU following Duca's bout. With close matches in the following weight classes, the Hoosiers were not able to take away the wins at the 133-, 141- or 149-pound weight positions.

Quickly falling behind, Indiana regained some confidence with a win by Walsh at the 157 weight class. In a grueling match, Walsh was able to squeak by with an 8-6 win over Wisconsin's Kelvin York. After Walsh's win, the Hoosiers only had five weight classes left to catch up to Wisconsin.

The only other victory on the day would be a close 1-0 win by Sheridan at the 184 weight position. With a forfeit at the 197 weight position by the Hoosiers and a tough loss at the heavyweight position, Indiana fell far behind the point of return. The Hoosiers will have another Big Ten matchup on the road Sunday against No. 8 Illinois.