There was no press conference today due to the weather, but the team supplied us with a few quotes in advance of Friday's matchup against Florida Atlantic (5-6).

The Owls are another team that likes to shoot the 3-pointer, including in transition when possible. What could set this game apart from the other mid-majors on the nonconference slate is FAU's size. The team's frontcourt will not be as undersized compared to IU as past teams, such as Mount St. Mary's.

That said, FAU is led by high-scoring guards. Greg Gantt, a 6-foot-2 senior guard, is leading his squad in scoring for the fourth consecutive season. This year, he's averaging 21.5 points per contest. Freshman guard Stefan Moody is next with 15 per game, while no one else averages in double figures.

A few thoughts from the team after the jump:

IU Coach Tom Crean

"They can really score. Gantt can really score the ball. They move the ball well and they run a ton of screening actions. They utilize them really well, whether they are curling or clearing out to look for a drive or using the 3-point line. Any Mike Jarvis team is going to be a well-coached, disciplined team.

"My last time coaching against Mike was when I was at Marquette and he was at St. John's and I have been a Mike Jarvis fan, and more importantly a friend, for a very long time."

Sophomore forward Cody Zeller

"Watching them on film, they have some scorers on their team. We going to have to come out and do what we do best, which is play in transition and play well defense. It seems like they are a pretty nice team on film."

Senior guard Jordan Hulls

"We have to have good transition defense, they like to get out and run and shoot 3-pointers. They have really good players who can score the ball so we have to focus on that and we can't have any miscommunication on defense. That is going to be the biggest thing for us"